for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
- The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- reproduced, displayed or performed, and given to third parties
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the original copyright statement is given
- the original rights permission statement is given
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- Some full items are individually tagged with different rights permissions and conditions.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
- Mention of DERA (Digital Education Resource Archive) is appreciated but not mandatory.
for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- Subject Specialities: Education
- DERA (Digital Education Resource Archive) is restricted to:
- Other special item types
- Special materials: Documents published in electronic-only format by range of government and related bodies with reference to education.
- Deposited items may include published versions (publisher-created files)
- Principal Languages: English
concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members of the institution, or their delegated agents.
- Eligible depositors must deposit full texts of all their publications, although they may delay making them publicly visible to comply with publishers' embargos.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of DERA (Digital Education Resource Archive), and valid layout & format
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- Items can be deposited at any time, but will not be made publicly visible until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If DERA (Digital Education Resource Archive) receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- DERA (Digital Education Resource Archive) will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- No file preservation policy defined.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder, but this is strongly discouraged.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- In the event of DERA (Digital Education Resource Archive) being closed down, every effort will be made to transfer the database to another appropriate archive.